Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stuff That Paris Says


I

'm not one of those people that talks about their kids incessantly, yeah I love them, yeah I am proud of them, but I don't wear Mom Jeans and car pool and put together little goodie bags for their classmates around the holidays. A. I don't have the time and B. I have a career outside of being a parent so essentially I am reiterating point A.


Anyway, my daughter Paris says some funny shit. Last night after explaining to me that her classroom is designing a city and electing politicians to run this fictional city she told me she is going to run for office. I asked her if she was going to run for Mayor and her response was exactly this: "No. I don't want to stand on a podium, wave my arms and make promises that I can't keep. I'll let someone else do that."


Did I mention that she is only 9?

No comments:

Post a Comment