Thursday, January 13, 2011

Really Rachel Zoe?

Ok, that's definitely not the first time I've said it. I'm not a hater by any means, I just never understood all the hype that surrounded the mega stylist.

And now there's this, which leads me to believe that yet again, my instincts are right 99.9% of the time.


(picture from styleite.com today)

Yes, there you have it- "babe, I totally ripped off that dress and called it 'inspiration'"

What apparently happened, although we can't be sure yet, is that Zoe styled a photoshoot in 2007 and bought the vintage dress that she used in the shoot. Now, in her new collection, the exact replica of the original vintage dress has made an appearance as her "own".

Listen, this is a phenomenon that apparently is ok within the fashion industry...creating a dress that looks almost exactly like a vintage dress and calling the original dress "inspiration". I don't get it, I think it's a cheap way out, and when I first heard of this practice I was more dumbfounded than when I found out that Santa Claus wasn't real.

Where are the real designers? The ones that actually draw, and create from traveling and life experiences? Why do we even have trend prediciton companies when fashion is supposed to happen organically like art? Who cares what the next trend is anyway when it's predicted from some ridiculous company?

Give me a break. And Rachel? That's ba-na-nas.

No comments:

Post a Comment