Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Women Like This Exist


I know this picture isn't doing the situation I'm about to describe any justice, but you have to bear with me.

This woman was walking in front of me on the way to drop my daughter off at school this morning. She was fully dressed, (including makeup expertly applied), her outfit consisted of leggings, Uggs, a cashmere hoodie and a True Religion jean jacket. She was carrying a new Fendi bag and last year's Prada sunglasses. Her dog had on a designer jacket and her kids were decked to the 9's.

This is bad enough.

Upon striking up a conversation with her she mentioned that she actually has five children and her husband wanted to have one more. She was stunning, her body was perfect, she looked amazing, and I felt pretty ugly duckling standing on the street with my hair all crazy and my Puma sweats on. But that's not even the worst of it...As her dazzling smile is lighting up the sidewalk she says this; "I don't know, having five kids is a lot of work, but it's so much fun! I think we actually may have one more."

I immediately looked around for the hidden cameras I was sure had to be there. Having five kids is so much fun? Having the two (and a half) that I have is fun at times, but it stresses me to high hell. I find the daily task of trying to raise good, respectful children daunting and exhausting. I completely understand the parents who let their kids just do whatever because it's easier, that's just not the parenting that I practice.

And as far as getting decked out enough to have makeup expertly applied that early in the morning on top of getting five kids ready? Good for her! But unless I have somewhere to be that early, don't expect to see me walking to school with more than a headband for accessories, and that's only to hide the bedhead that I am sure to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment