Monday, April 5, 2010

I Tried Kiehls


So in this day and age of financial uncertainty, my "thing" is to find great deals.  You might think I'm cheap but the truth is; I learned a long time ago that you don't have to spend a fortune to look good.

So...while walking past a Kiehls store I decided to go inside.  I had only seen it in Neiman's and never thought twice about it.  As I was walking around the store, I noticed that the prices weren't as high as I thought.  ($25-$45 for eye cream, which is still pretty pricey, but it's eye cream for Christsakes. That is really important)

The lady that came over was very helpful when I told her I hate the wrinkles around my eyes and the fact that, despite living 18 blocks from the beach, my skin is drier than Vegas in the winter.

So she gave me some samples.  Samples!!! Holy shit I love samples.  The key is to just prick the package with a pin and they can last up to three weeks.  I'm serious.  I use this trick everytime I get a sample and I'm glad I do, because you can't tell if you really like a product until you've used it for at least a week.

That being said, she gave me a small packet of Abyssine Eye Cream, Abyssine Cream (for night repair), Ultra Facial Moisturizer and The Midnight Recovery Concentrate (featured above).  I felt like Santa Claus was real that day and ran home to try them out.

1. The first thing I tried was the Abyssine Eye Cream.  I would actually rename this to "holy mother this really works eye cream" I saw a difference the very next day in lines and wrinkles around my eyes and almost two weeks later they are barely visible.  I still use a de-puff roller in the morning, but those bad boys around my eyes are a faint memory. (remind me to replace my facebook picture!)

2. Next was the Abyssine Cream or what I would name it: A scorching sunburn in a packet.  Apparently, this is the big daddy of creams that Kiehls has to offer in terms of lizards such as myself.  When I applied this cream after washing my face I like I had just had a mild chemical peel.  There was something in it that made my skin red and itchy and my whole face felt like a sunburn. For whatever reason, I decided to try it again the next day and the same thing happened so I nixed that one completely.

3. The Midnight Recovery Serum.  This magical little oil is supposed to make you wake up with younger skin after only using two drops.  This is true.  You do wake up with younger skin; the skin of a teenager with an acne problem.  It's an oil that has a pleasant smell and does make your face feel soft and smooth, but be forewarned; I do not have acne and I never have.  I may have gotten a pimple here and there, but after three days of using this product I had 7 (7!) pimples on my face. What. The. Fuck. No thank you.  Needless to say, I am no longer using it.

I have yet to try the Ultra Facial Moisturizer on account of the fact that my second puberty isn't cleared up yet.  But once it does I will give it a try. 

But needless to say, I have found an eye cream out of all this that was definitely worth the small amount of temporary acne.

Full price you can get the Abyssine Eye Cream for $33 which isn't cheap, but a lot less than the LaMer I used to use back in the day which retails for $125.  I tried drug store brands such as Olay and Roc and I even tried eye creams from Philosophy and none came close to the results I got with Kiehls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment